Live edge slabs add a natural touch
Live edge slabs showcase wood's organic, unpredictable beauty by leaving one side of the piece in its natural state.
This style is perfect for incorporating an element of surprise to an otherwise predictable surface, adding specialness or a touch of whimsy to benches, countertops, bars, and tables.
Live edge applications can be achieved using numerous species of trees. The bark can be left on or sanded off, depending on the degree of authenticity desired.
Sustainable Northwest Wood stocks live edge slabs including:
- Big Leaf Maple, sourced from the Willamette Valley
- Walnut, urban and backyard salvage from the Willamette Valley
- Juniper, sourced from grassland restoration projects in Eastern Oregon
- Campground Blue Pine, beetle-kill trees salvaged from public parks and campgrounds
- Zena Doug Fir, harvested from an oak grove restoration project in Rickreall
Give us a call or stop by to see current inventory!
Looking for inspiration? This blog post offers great ideas for incorporating live edge wood into kitchen countertops ranging from super-sleek to very rustic. This post on Apartment Therapy shares beautiful photos of live edge slabs used for dining tables.
Here are a few photos of our live edge slabs used in recent projects. From top left :
Live Edge Big Leaf Maple by Windfall Lumber
Live Edge Big Leaf Maple by Hammer & Hand
Live Edge Juniper bench with bark
Live Edge Campground Blue Pine by FP Design