BUILD LOCAL, NATURALLY
We are a different kind of lumberyard: We offer only sustainable, restorative, and FSC® certified lumber products that are harvested and milled in the Pacific Northwest.
Sustainable Northwest Wood was founded in 2008 as a for-profit subsidiary of the non-profit organization Sustainable Northwest. Our profits return to Sustainable Northwest and support their work throughout the Pacific Northwest.
We are guided by the mission of supporting small mills in rural communities, bolstering sustainable economic development and job creation. By working directly with local mills, we are able to offer our products at highly competitive prices.
Everything we carry is from the Pacific Northwest and is grown on forests managed to the standards of the Forest Stewardship Council™ (FSC) or as part of stewardship programs restoring native ecosystems. We are 100% committed to sustainable wood -- it is our entire product offering, not just a small percentage of what we carry.
Because we work with wood sourced exclusively from local forests, we often have first hand knowledge of the management practices on them. We regularly organize forest tours to highlight the progressive forestry techniques that produce our wood products and invite our customers to visit the forests themselves to see and learn about the harvesting practices.
At Sustainable Northwest Wood we love to share stories about our wood and the people who grow and mill it. Give us a call and have us quote your next project, or stop by our showroom and warehouse to see the beautiful woods that are growing in our region. Together, we will create a Northwest that is truly Sustainable.
- Integrity – All products are produced in the Pacific Northwest using wood from local, sustainably managed forests
- Celebration – The people and forests that provide our wood are worthy of and shall receive celebration
- Service – We provide our customers with the highest level of service possible
- Respect – Ideas, values and concerns of all staff, vendors and customers are treated with respect that recognizes we are part of a community that thrives in response to its collective well-being
- Inspiration/Challenge – Sustainable forestry is not static. By example we inspire others and challenge ourselves to always improve our business practices and raise our standards